Now more than ever, the program which ensures that low-income Sanford students get off to a good start in school needs your help.
STUFF THE BUS is a school readiness program which provides backpacks, school supplies and other items to help low-income students prepare for the first day of school. With economic difficulties increasing, and resources dwindling, it is imperative to get the word out about STUFF THE BUS , the program that makes sure students have the right supplies on the first day of school.
We assisted over 1400 local school children last year including homeless teens in the York County Shelters. We are able to do this because of generous supporters like you! Although this is only our sixth year, we are trying to expand the program as the numbers of students who are in need of these supplies has grown significantly over the past year. That is why we are asking for your help.
A dedicated group of community partners is working to build relationships with the community to operate supply drives and collect donations for the STUFF THE BUS . We need as much help as we can get. Every donation collected, makes a significant difference in the life of a local student.
For instance, last year a small child showed his favorite cafeteria worker every crayon from his 48 pack. These donations bring joy to children’s lives and it brings organization into the classroom for teachers. A child with a good start is a better student, better organized and ready to learn.
Your business can help either by conducting a school supply collection drive with your employees or by making a monetary donation, or both, between July 1st and August 16th.
If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 207-604-4543.
Thank You! This program works because of the generous donations from people like you!
Director Sanford & Springvale STUFF THE BUS
100 percent of donations are used to purchase backpacks and supplies. We are an all volunteer driven committee.
Send your donation check made out to the Strategies for a Stronger Sanford to
Strategies for a Stronger Sanford
PO Box 958 Sanford, ME 04073
This part is very important- you must put in the subject line of your check:
“Sanford-Springvale Stuff The Bus”
A tax receipt will be mailed in return for your donation, if requested. Include request with the donation.
- Used Band Instruments Please donate any used band instruments, as you are able. Many children will not experience the joy of music and success because of economic difficulties their families may be experiencing.
- Join Us!!! Stuff the Bus through donations at Walmart, purchasing supplies or contributing by making a monetary donation.
- School Supplies We would like to thank Curtis Lake Church, Sanford Walmart, Goodall Hospital, Marc Motors and other drop off locations for your support!
- Volunteers! Strategies for Stronger Sanford kids, Sanford Cadettes,Teachers & Volunteers - Thank you for your help!
- Donations Stuff the bus needs donations! All of our extra pens and pencils go to children to Ethiopia, Mexico and Nigeria!
- Local Assistance Thanks for the help Warren's Office Supply! We are receiving help from all the Sanford & Springvale churches and other local people and companies. Join Us Today!